Call for applications: artistic works for the CTM Radio Lab in Germany
CTM Radio Lab was launched in 2014 to spotlight new works that explore the intersection of radio with live performances or installations as part of an annual theme. The competition is organized by CTM Festival and Deutschlandfunk Kultur – Radio Art / Klangkunst in collaboration with Goethe-Institut, ORF musikprotokoll im steirischen herbst, Ö1 Kunstradio and The Wire magazine.
CTM Radio Lab accepts applications in the following disciplines:
- Experimental music.
- Sound art.
- Radio art.
- New dramas and radio performances.
The commissioned works will also be broadcast on the Klangkunst program of Deutschlandfunk Kultur in spring 2022 in the form of a radio program (55 minutes max).
CTM Radio Lab will favor projects that explore the possibilities of combining radio and live performances / installations.
The projects must also respond to the CTM Festival 2022 theme, Contact.
Terms & Conditions
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents in PDF (20 MB max):
- Description of the project with a very detailed budget (four pages max).
- Technical details.
- CV of the artist or group.
Special conditions to note for COVID-19:
- Proposals should take into account that a presentation of the work may not be possible to a live audience in Berlin.
- Applicants outside the EU should be prepared to participate remotely, as travel restrictions may be more stringent outside the Schengen area.
- Applicants should come up with interesting presentation alternatives, for example via online and virtual works, installations or other formats that do not require the physical presence of an artist and in which an audience could participate virtually or in large groups. limited.
Two successful applicants will receive the following:
- A sum of € 5,000 (approximately $ 5,900) as production costs.
- Technical and distribution costs will be covered after discussion with the organizers.
- Additional travel costs to Berlin and accommodation during the festival period will also be discussed.
Interested artists can access the application form here.
The application deadline is September 19.
Show original call here.